Notes to Self

Hooray for labels! Going through some notes-to-self. The In Our Time link I posted last week is to a patchy and not up to date Wiki. Even so, it has a lot to recommend it, not least this discussion on the Language Instinct between Pinker and Jonathon Miller.

I did some funny notes-t0-self whilst I was coming to the end of my tether in Libya, mind. The World Beach project? Things which must have once been intriguing, like nowpublic.com, now look almost completely uninteresting.

The post and note-to-self about Jackie Brown from January this year give me an interesting dilemma. The song I really liked was Across 110th St., by Bobby Womack. Here it is, with the brilliant opening scene from that movie. But, dig a little deeper, and I find that Across 110th St was itself a movie. Which begs the question, should I buy the soundtrack from the original blaxploitation movie, or from the later blaxploitation tribute? I suspect I'm going to have to go with the original, one doesn't want to move too far from the source, eh?

Staying with music, and linking to blaxploitation, there's Soil and "Pimp" Sessions.

And the rest of the notes, their time has past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!