Threadbare Thursday

A bad day at work. The only really difficult, impossible, even, problems in Libya are not caused by poor infrastructure or the different culture or entrenched attitudes - all of these things can be dealt with and even enjoyed. No, the real problems always come from your fellow Brits. The trouble is, this being a fairly unusual place to work, with therefore an attendant strange glamour, it will attract the adventurous and the unhinged equally. Someone at my work is in the latter category, and life is "interesting".

Comments

  1. That's what I love about teaching abroad - you get to spend so much quality time with the kind of people you'd ordinarily cross the road (in front of a great big truck) to avoid.

    I've always thought there was a great novel in the tribulations of TEFL teaching. I'm just not the bloke to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nor me. And I wonder why nobody has. Perhaps because TEFL teaching is something writers do to keep from starving whilst abroad, and it's a disagreeable necessity, not something they want to share with the world? God knows, I feel that way about it myself most of the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!