Atavistic Activities (Parental Advisory)

This is the fox - we presume - which took nearly half of our chickens before we gave in and stopped keeping them. She also killed nine of our neighbour's birds in one go. So that's me standing outside the now empty hen house.

I've been doing some research and learned that another fox will move into this one's territory almost straightaway. So we won't bother to get chickens back.

This photo upset someone on flickr who accused me of "not knowing the divine rules". Hmm. Don't get me started on that sort of malarkey.

The pond's nearly finished - I'll post about that later.




[SPA? Non!], originally uploaded by P.S. Ave.

Comments

  1. Hmmm,
    I can recall helping my Dad clean fish and game when I was five. I'm stumbling with what exactly the issue would be. Oh, your glasses? Nope, that's not it . . . If there were a "not offensive" html tag, well, this would qualify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd say that, coming from grizzly country. Others make an issue of it. Watch this space...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you trap it or shoot it?

    Foxes are pests and they take their chances. If they kill my fowl then I'll kill the buggers.

    However I could never get a kick out of jumping on a horse and chasing the damned thing across my land and my neighbour's land.

    A couple of months ago I got lots of hate mail from people who objected to me killing and eating a turkey called "Christmas"
    Some folks have weird priorities. A couple of them had even stated that it was more important to save cats and dogs after Katrina rather than helping the people who were flooded out of their homes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!