Meanwhile, back at the keys with the Lincolnshire Poacher...

Nearly there. The problem is lack of time to practice. I'm probably up to 20 hours or so on 2H now, though I stopped looking at the clock some time ago: left to my own devices with no domestic distractions, I just keep going - until life intervenes, usually in the shape of the dogs wanting my attention.

I've been through the process before with Lilliburlero and Imagine, so I know how this goes. I'm not sure if I can get 2 more pieces under the belt before the 1st possible exam date, which is 7th November, so I have to make a big decision before the end of September whether to enter (or wait until the new year, the last opportunity with the current syllabus). Well, if I've got 2 pieces learned by end of next month, I'm going to go for it. I'm hoping the learning process is exponential, that is, less time to learn each piece. One day, I want to be able to learn an average popular or folk tune in a few hours. When I can do that, I'm done.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!