Figgin' 'Eck!

Because I've been away a lot of July, and because the fig seeds were in an enclosed environment not needing watering, (two recycled tin trays in a cat litter tray, in a vermiculte-only growing medium, covered in clingfilm to keep the moisture in), I took my eyes off the figs. Delighted I was then this weekend to see that 40-ish of them had germinated.

I can't tell now what sort they are, the Turkish 100s sown in May, or the Brazilians from Israel sown in June. The latter were sown in only 1 of the 2 trays, on top of the Turkish,  so logically the germinated seeds must be Turkish, with perhaps a few Brazilian Israelis. Whatever. I've now got wee figs growing. They just seem to be germinating now, so that's 6-8 weeks on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!