A Plateau

Sent this week with fairly short practices, usually half an hour a day. I play through Lilliburlero and the Minuet several times each.  And then some scales and broken chords, mostly C major.  And then The Sailor's Song.  Sometimes I'll play on PianoNotes.

But it feels like I've reached a lull.  Sometimes it's a bit of a chore.  And it's demotivating that after all this time and God only knows how many play throughs, I still can't really play Lilliburlero or the Minuet.  I know all the notes, but there are still hesitations, they don't exactly flow.

I think the bottom line is I need a teacher and a proper keyboard to practice on. I can't see anything on line for lessons locally, so I need to think about that one.  And I really need to get out of the hotel and get a flat before I get a proper keyboard.  Which is a whole other story. 

Meanwhile, I'll plod on with the midi keyboard and learn everything I need to for Grade 1.  And just keep on practising.  It's not ideal, but it's not going to be time wasted in the long run.  Not counting my false start in 2010, I've really only been learning since March this year.  Eight months.  There's a long, long way to go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!