Industar 61

That's the first roll through the new FED4.  I'm not impressed.  Nothing is what you'd call sharp.  Mind you, I can't complain, I got the Industar61 lens with the camera for £5.50 the pair.  So I will probably need another lens, maybe a Jupiter8.  I could kick myself now for selling both of those lenses, and all their bloody filters, a few months ago.  Binary thinking, that was.  However, one lives and learns.

I've got an Industar26 on the FED2 - I'll maybe try that on the next roll I'm putting through the FED4, which is Agfa E6, which I got from Oli.  I'm going to use that to take a set of portraits indoors.  Maybe half and half with the two lenses would be a good idea.  It's part of a new approach I'm toying with: shoot a roll of film on a given subject, and dev it straightaway.  I've got loads of film.  And the processing works out at about 65p now.

Comments

  1. Hi there, I'm searching the details about industar 61 recently. I'm thinking if you can use Leica's lens with your Fed 4 since it's also using M39, right?

    BTW, do you think it can still find brand new industar 61 nowaday? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Leica Thread Mount lenses fit all the FEDs. I don't know if they still make Industar 61s. Let me know if you find out.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!