Tuesday, November 24, 2009

FED2 Industar 61 Dockhead St

Another test roll on the FED2, which established that the Industar 61 lens works fine - I was wondering if some fault with the lens, coupling with the rangefinder, perhaps, was causing the apparent focusing problems with the FED4.

I'm trying to find a 35mm camera that I can use all the time, my main go-anywhere do-anything sort of camera. The Holga's great fun, but I need something more precise. The FED4 is the main candidate because of its light meter and flash synch, but that roll of 1970s Efke came out blurred - maybe that was the film. So I need another test roll in that camera.

And/or I might take the FED2 to bits, see what's wrong with the synch, and paint the curtains thoroughly. The wee lugs for fitting a strap are another big advantage of the 2 over the 4 - I don't like those easy open cases. And I can live without a light meter.

I've bought a 40.5 - 52mm filter adaptor on eBay. 52mm filters are much cheaper and more plentiful than 40.5s.