|The Mysterious Mound, BEFORE|
So, anyway I got a fire going, (using two of a box of thirty firelighters, couple of quid in the Co-op, highly recommended to the allotmenteer needing to burn rotten wood on a rainy day). And then I set about the mysterious mound with the Libyan hoe... which immediately fell apart. The end of the handle, the business end, had split, so I sawed a couple of inches off that end, and it was good to go.
But I didn't get it half done, even, some kind of post-viral fatigue got me, and I finished with still some daylight left, which is unusual. Have to wait for the AFTER photo.