Mary Lee: Roy Fox and His Orchestra


I'm looking around for hassle free sound file hosting. This should be a link to Howdja Like To Love Me? from Roy Fox and His Orchestra, Mary Lee on voice.

I just love that voice, and was pleasantly surprised to find this from her. She must have been around 16 or 17 when she made that recording, from the dates she gave - yet she has a very rich voice.


I got the photo from here - there seems to be a lot of internet electrons devoted to British Dance Music from the Thirties.

Comments

  1. Try www.divshare.com for sound hosting. I've found it to be completly hassle free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex. I remembered you leaving this comment, and thinking I'd check it out when I got time. The time has come this sunny may day morning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!