The Beatles... And Hendrix

I've been meaning to get a copy of Macdonald's Revolution in the Head since it came out. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was only £3 in HMV yesterday, and I got a copy. Later I realized that the price drop is no doubt connected to the release of the remastered albums coming up on 9th September (9/9/9, geddit?) Hmm. So I've also pre-ordered the remastered Please Please Me, as the first step in another collection. Much more than that, if one was born in 1960, this formed a big part of that soundtrack of childhood. And The Beatles phenomenon was always at the interstices of musical genius and capitalist greed.

The 60s nostalgia has been going on for a week or so: I've been listening a lot to the BBC Hendrix CD. Probably not the best performances, those sessions didn't have the thoroughness of a full studio recording or the energy of a live one, but they're great fun nontheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!