Agfa Isolette II Solinar Lens

Woohoo! I've got another Agfa from eBay. It was a bargain because the seller had some trouble with the shutter, and was honest enough to say so. I think it was just that the weird "T" setting at the back of the camera was set. Anyhow, it seems to be working fine. I'll see when I've developed a couple of rolls if the Solinar lens is all it's cracked up to be.

It came with a purchase receipt from a camera shop in Norwich dated August 1955. It was more than £25 quid, which I suspect was rather a lot of money back then. It's been in case since then, and looks like it's had little use. There's also a separate wee range finder, which fits into the cold shoe - you line up the images, and a scale to the left tells you the distance in feet. Brilliant.

I'm putting the other one, with the Apotar lens and the faulty door, straight back on eBay.

Assuming the lens is as good as I'm hoping, that's me sorted for cameras for the foreseeable future now. Also today I got another flash gun, but this time with 22 PF1 B bulbs. That was another bargain. I'm all set now to do some postmodern seaside town photography. Some Scottish gothic. Sorted.

Comments

  1. I once spent a couple of days with an isolette... if I ever get hold of one again I'll be all over it.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobby_stokes/2860089770/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!