WOMAD Explained

I blogged this photo late last night after a few drinks, and, my keyboard skills being a trifle below par, promised an explanation. Never let it be said the Pig Sty Avenue gives empty promises when he's half cut.

The reason I liked that photo so much was that it took me back to the WOMAD festivals at Morecambe in the 90s. What larks! Great music, great atmos., herbal cigarettes, happy days and nights... We camped by a cricket pitch. The main venue was in a disused railway station. That photo of Salif Keita's backing singer brought it all back.

Comments

  1. womad's an amazing time of year isn't it? For me, whatever marvellous music I see, it'll always be a perfect summer evening with the crystal voice of an African superstar ripping the night open - Salif Keita, Papa Wemba, Baaba Maal. It's on the move for next year, leaving Reading behind and moving down to rural Wiltshire - hope a river runs through the festival site ...Glad you like the pic PigSty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!