First Steps in New Terrain
I got the negative scanned in, eventually. And then got it from the phone to the MacBook, and then opened in ON1, and then worked out how to invert the negative. I did a tiny bit of editing, just to say I had post-processed it, kind of. And here we are.
This was shot a few weeks ago on an awful light day, (overcast, around midday) at the Eastern Necropolis. I was using the F4 with Kentmere 400. Just nicely grainy, which was a surprise because I saw a YouTube video about the F4 coincidentally shooting with KM which showed really excessive grain - I wondered if the photographer had pushed it to 800 or something? He didn't mention it.
More of this at the weekend. I shot two rolls of 24 exposures.
NB: I started this post yesterday, it's taken a lot of effort just getting the photo inserted. The problem was mostly Google: I had to download Chrome, and then painfully realise it doesn't work with TIFFs. I don't know: has tech taken a great leap forward, and left me behind? The painfulness of going round in circles, doing the same thing and expecting different results, tech not doing what it should (making life simpler) is reminiscent of Windows in the 1990s. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Comments
Post a Comment