As Oliver Hardy used to say...

 ...At last, we're getting someplace. The light box for camera-phone scanning arrived. 


There was an early set-back: pressing the On/Off button made the light flash on for a second or so, then off again. I tried plugging the USB for the power source into a different socket, and hey-presto! it went on and stayed on. The trickiest part was setting up the "magic arm" to hold the iPhone - really fiddly to get the phone in the right place above the light box. But I got there, kind of, and managed to get a negative from the roll I shot with Molly at the Necropolis. 


I opened this up in ON1 Photo Raw, remembering the olden days when I (and almost every photographer I knew) used PhotoShop, the "invert" button was easy to find. Not so in ON1, now... So I've had to resort to the 2026 equivalent of reading the manual: beginning a series of video tutorials. On the one hand, it's all very complicated and is going to take a lot of learning. On the other, wow, it can be transformational. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

How many pallets can you fit in the back of a Fiat 500?

Busy; tomatoes.