Uncertain Prodigal


Uncertain Prodigal, originally uploaded by Pig Sty Ave.

It's a week for memories and friendships. I was in the shop in Jarrow where you can get absurdly priced tins and packets of stuff. For example, peanut butter Kit Kats, eight for £1. They'll do you no good at all, but eight for a quid!

Anyway, I see this big bloke eying up the 50p angel cake, and... It's my old mate Ian, last heard of in Berwick upon Tweed! So we indulged in a frenzy of mutual amazement that we were both back in our hometown, where we went to school together. And arranged to meet up for a drink, which we did on Wednesday night - when I took this photo. It's great to see him again. A true pal and stout fella all round - that's a result of the cheap cake.

And yesterday at a visit to Mam and Dad's I got hold of a load of old photos. I've started scanning in the best of them, and uploading them to Flickr. I'll be posting some of them here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!