the truth will out

I know a story about Gary Glitter. It's interesting because it shows how one's perspective of of the truth changes over time.

Somebody I once knew, involved in the music industry, was a friend of Gary Glitter in the 70s. One night, there's a party at Glitter's house, and he has a "girlfriend" there, who was said to be 16 years old. The party was dramatically gatecrashed by Keith Moon, who belted Glitter a time or two, and left with the young lady.

The story as told to me had Moon as the villian, Glitter as the victim. When I heard this story ten years ago, before the world knew about Glitter's sexual preferences, I didn't quite know what to make of it. Now I do. Maybe.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!