More Fun With Phonetics and Developing Thoughts

I've gotten to grips now with short and long vowels, diphthongs - and even triphthongs. I have learned them all yet, that is, I couldn't say off the top of my head what their IPA symbol is, or whether they are back, front, open or closed or wtf - but it'll come. I spent a bit of time looking at Internet resources tonight, and made a note of them over on MAINTESOL.

And then as usual my thoughts wandered to photography. You could get a really rather good film scanner for less than £170, and the bits and pieces for black and white development would be less than £50. Hmm. That would be a good medium term investment because the cost of B&W development at a shop is outrageous. I reckon the set up would pay for itself after 20 rolls of film. And there's nothing quite like B&W film.

Comments

  1. I was just thinking of that the other night, back when I used to do some film developing in school. Lots of fun, and so many effects . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the "lots of fun" element is the attraction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!