A newish computer and peripherals shop in the former garage on Albert Rd, where Hebburn merges in to Jarrow. I bought a Bearpaw 2400TA Plus scanner there on my last holiday at home. It was cheap, less than £40. Will it run with Vista? Oh yes, no trouble, just go on Mustek's website. They'd also order a laptop, to be ready the next day, for only £340. Splendid. I told them it was really important that it was ready the next day: this was Thursday, and I was flying back to Libya on the Saturday, early. "It's as good as here," said the man. I rang them on the Friday to see if it was there. "I've been trying to get in touch with you. We can't do it." Ach, well, these things happen... I was in the Town, anyway, and got a Samsung Curry's were doing for £399. And now I'm back in Libya with an utterly useless scanner. No way, no how, will the fucker run with Vista. I've been googling all evening trying to find a solution. There is...
Mmmmmmmm....dates. It may sound strange but I love desert habitats. Something about all that sand.
ReplyDeleteTiny correction...couldn't have been September, because we all went on leave on Aug.29th, and I can't recall whether you went back.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your first blog-a-matic post. Did you do the whole thing on Flickr, or just the picture and edit later in Blogger? You'll have found the picture size editor in Flickr by now too. Cool. More addictive than, um.. something less addictive. :)
ReplyDelete