fullsizedrender.jpg, [sigh]


"Fullsizedrender.jpg" is the name given to this photo by the MacBook or perhaps by PhotoRaw. It's 900-something KB. The midtones are fine. But it's about as sharp as a blancmange. Something clearly wrong. I'ld love to be out taking photies, but obviously not if this happens to them. It could be when scanning from negs to the iPhone? Or this small copy has been created by PhotoRaw? And, honestly, post processing, even just opening up a file, is not my favourite thing. 


The good news is that, assuming the fault here is scanning or in post, then I'm exceedingly happy with the developing in Beutler A+B yesterday: I want to be able to go out in the morning with the pooch, snap a roll of film, dev it as soon as I get back, scan and then post a couple of frames on Flickr before tea... But I'm falling at the final fence, here. 



Here's another very low res one, (also saved under the fullsizerender.jpg name). The composition makes it inappropriate for printing, but the midtones are good an varied, which gives me hope that I'm on the right road... Unfortunately, that road looks like it's going to involve a lot of work with the phone (as a scanner), and starting from scratch with PhotoRaw. Bloody hell. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C41: It's the New Black (& White)

PC Pit Stop

Water!