Every day's a school day with a Nikon F4 #2




At last! After maybe 6 or 7 rolls I'm getting the hang of the F4. All those buttons were intimidating until I began to get an inkling of what the Focus and Exposure Lock buttons could do. It's the realisation that this camera was designed and used to capture, for example, action in football games or riots. It's slightly insulting to use it for static portraits, like inviting your drug-using disreputable pal to your granny's birthday party. Action!

This is the last of a few rolls of Kodacolor 200 I was using. It's been ok as part of the learning process, but is rather grainy. I've got a roll of Portra 400 in now, and then it's an old roll of HP5+, and nine of Kentmere 400; just yesterday we found a roll of Lomography Color Print 800 when tidying out the old sideboard - no idea when I got that, but heigh ho. By the time I get through that dozen or so rolls, I might be more or less competent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!