Film Sort Out

(Almost) everything must go. I've started flogging my expired film collection on eBay. It seems to be going for the same price as new film. And REALLY old film is clearly collectable. I've got some Ilford 127 from the 1960s, which someone will perhaps pay good money for, as a display item. I'll spend the profits on new film. Gone are the days when unreliability in the process was what I wanted.

I've got a few rolls of expired 120 which I'll use, though, because they're Portra, Ektachrome and Tri-X. I'm going to put them through the Holga, whose hot-shoe is working. You can't rely on natural light with a plastic camera. And there's the Ilford Sporti 4, which takes a 35mm film onto a 127 reel, AND has a functioning PC flash socket. The idea's been growing for some time: when using a camera with few controls and a plastic lens, I need reliable film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!