The Big Riddle


This is the big riddle as I left the other day - the cover is to keep any rain off the riddled earth, stop it clumping. The fish box is to catch stones and glass as I scrape it off the riddle. After this, it takes the medium riddle over the barrow to get the worst of the glass and smaller stones out. The advantage of putting it through the big riddle first is that I throw a shovel full of earth at it, and then gravity and momentum break up aggregated lumps.

Just now, I'm half-way through the heap of surplus earth pile up in the old greenhouse area. It's taken much longer than I estimated back in October, (but then I have been diverted somewhat, demolishing and burning the old shed, and then ground-breaking the 5th bed). Estimating how long it's going to take from hereon in, I'm not even going to bother. But I'm not going to plant anything but green manures this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!