F-ing getting there

Second-hand +3 eyepiece for £10,from Gray's of Westminster, on the advice of my optician, who said, "It must be a professional camera, to take that sort of fitting?" As a direct result of this remark, I decided to believe what he'd been saying earlier about Specsavers selling dodgy glasses, and shelled out a bit extra to get my new specs from him. Anyways, if you're into old Nikon gear I recommend Gray's. Very posh, but very helpful.

The eyepiece thread has remained the same, as Ergo and I kind of worked out, on high end Nikons from the F to this day.

I read somewhere a real classic camera wants an overhaul every twenty years, and my one feels like it's well overdue for that. The mirror's dusty, the meter's dodgy, and the lens is fungus-y. So, the camera, meter and lens are booked in for what I'm learning to call a CLA at Newton Ellis in Liverpool (buy a Nikon F and get a virtual tour of England). They go in the post tomorrow. This is costing slightly more than the original purchase, which seemed like a bargain at the time, but, you know, if it's too good to be true, it's not, well, true.

And the +3 eyepiece means I can actually focus the bugger. So when I get it back from Newton Ellis, and screw in the eyepiece, and load it up with Fuji Neopan 1600, do feel free to give me shit if I can't take a decent photo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!