A Postcard From Another Visa Limbo

During the last one, I was apparently craving all aspects of British culture, good and bad.  This time, I'm developing a worrying interest in afternoon TV, especially Doctors, and beginning to plan a sub-tropical monsoon climate balcony.

Plans for the zero maintenance wildlife garden having now been abandoned, I can take the borage, evening primrose and tobacco plant seeds.  Teasel won't work in containers, I'm guessing, so I'll give them to The Old Man for the allotment.  I've also found a packet of lavender seeds.  I'll want culinary herbs, the Scarborough Four, plus basil, oregano and coriander.

These seeds may all be available on the other side of Visa Limbo, I don't know.  There's a garden centre not far away, and here's a map:


Comments

  1. Hard to say. Between 2 months and retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doctors..? You berk.. Having said that, it's Karen's favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berk, indeed. Fiona watches it, and that's what got me started. But now I watch it when she's away at work. This is ConDem Britain for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck, however long to stay. I thought two months in China was long enough for me. Way the global economy is at the minute, I might be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, with all the cuts in FE and HE, and now this insane cap on non-EU students, EFL in the UK is effectively buggered.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!