Piano Fingering

No 4th form jokes, please.

I've been thinking about this.  In a few months I'll be moving beyond the instructive but rather cloying environment of PSP, where all the notes have finger numbers on them; (some of which don't make much sense, incidentally: the music I posted yesterday, for example, had me playing  that B flat with my thumb).

This is a good starting point, with some helpful advice.  There aren't any books devoted specifically to the subject, that I can find.  So, just use the loaf and practise.

Another thing, having the midi keyboard which has the names of the notes next to the naturals might be making me lazy, preventing connexion of the position of the key with the note.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!