A sideshow in the class struggle and a paper not being written...

M. is unhappy about his room - the heating goes off at night. He loves to moan, it's true. But his complaints are not unreasonable. Unfortunately, he emailed the Muppet ("Project Manager") at BTM who advised him to ask for an extra blanket. FFS.

We're trying to get back into the better accommodation we had last week, with no prospect of success, but it's become a sort of intellectual sideshow in the class struggle. Which can be fun, but it's sometimes difficult to hold your anger in check when told downright, blatant lies: like, this whole course is run at a loss; and, it was the University's idea to squeeze a four week course into three, (rather than MC's fattening her fucking margins).

I'm blogging this as a reminder, note-to-self, wtf, for the critical pedagogy aspect of the research paper I'm going to write in due course. Which reminds me, my old pal Norman Fairclough wants reading. I'm reaching what, I'm told, marathon runners call "the wall" so far as my Mod5 paper goes...

Comments

  1. A TEFL course run at a loss? Next they'll be telling you education is their primary concern.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!