procrastination defragmented

How could I just forget to defrag the computer? And it really was horribly fragmented: splattered all over the hard drive, as if my files had been put into a shotgun and fired at it.

Anyhow, it’s done now, and thanks to Monaxle for pointing out what should have been bloody obvious, even to a numpty like me, (I used to defrag it in Libya, simply to have something to do, ffs!). Also some other PC housekeeping.

And now, I can procrastinate no longer: I’ve to start serious work on 5000 words of discourse analysis and sociolinguistics. I’ll be examining the use of cohesive devices in internet discussion threads, and the implications for ESL learners. I’ve got a month off work. So Happy Holidays. Thankyou.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!