You threw me with the orientation of your screengrab there Garry...
I was amazed to discover the effect that switching off the terrain function has on Google Earth - it's always been switched on on my pc - thank you for that..
I was also amazed to discover that your allotment is less than 100 metres from my nuclear fallout shelter which I discovered several years ago...(no I'm not joking).
I'd be interested to know if you plan on any open days down at your ranch as I'd love to check it out sometime...
I'm talking frogs here Garry - my garden pond has been chillin' for the winter but today saw day one of this seasons hot frog action - unfortunately it was all underwater so I can't post any shots but last year it was frogspawn overkill - be prepared down at your pond too.
A newish computer and peripherals shop in the former garage on Albert Rd, where Hebburn merges in to Jarrow. I bought a Bearpaw 2400TA Plus scanner there on my last holiday at home. It was cheap, less than £40. Will it run with Vista? Oh yes, no trouble, just go on Mustek's website. They'd also order a laptop, to be ready the next day, for only £340. Splendid. I told them it was really important that it was ready the next day: this was Thursday, and I was flying back to Libya on the Saturday, early. "It's as good as here," said the man. I rang them on the Friday to see if it was there. "I've been trying to get in touch with you. We can't do it." Ach, well, these things happen... I was in the Town, anyway, and got a Samsung Curry's were doing for £399. And now I'm back in Libya with an utterly useless scanner. No way, no how, will the fucker run with Vista. I've been googling all evening trying to find a solution. There is...
The arrival of the Hut tomorrow means the construction of the temporary tool store could be seen as a waste of time and effort, but I'd disagree. I managed to build it in 2 or 3 hours, so no great loss of time. And I'm regarding it as a rehearsal for the construction of the Hut and eventually the Shed. I won't demolish it either. I'm thinking it might work as an arbor-with-allotment-chic. I can train ivy and brambles around the outside and over the top, maybe other plants too. Inside and to the front, which don't get a lot of light, I could grown ferns . Apart from the fact that they are usually grown in shade, I know almost nothing about them, so there's a whole new thing . Couple of plastic chairs in there, it'll be a nice spot to sit and watch whatever's going on in No.1 bed, surrounded by ferns, enclosed by brambles and ivy, at peace with nature. Cool. I can put bird attractors in No.1 bed, maybe angelica or teasel. NB [10th May 2017] It occ...
You threw me with the orientation of your screengrab there Garry...
ReplyDeleteI was amazed to discover the effect that switching off the terrain function has on Google Earth - it's always been switched on on my pc - thank you for that..
I was also amazed to discover that your allotment is less than 100 metres from my nuclear fallout shelter which I discovered several years ago...(no I'm not joking).
I'd be interested to know if you plan on any open days down at your ranch as I'd love to check it out sometime...
Small world, eh?
ReplyDeleteThursday and Friday morning - but wait until we're into the growing season a bit, and there'll be much more for you to see.
Valentines Day and hot sex in my garden pond.
ReplyDeleteI'm talking frogs here Garry - my garden pond has been chillin' for the winter but today saw day one of this seasons hot frog action - unfortunately it was all underwater so I can't post any shots but last year it was frogspawn overkill - be prepared down at your pond too.