EdD - Closing in on Validity

What with this morning's battery charging, and the postgrads' Xmas party in an hour or two, (hopefully a rather tame affair, by my former party standards) and a seminar this evening on collecting qualitative data, I'm a bit short on time today. 

But yesterday I got back through Language Testing to the October of 2013, and it's clear that since then no big rows about validity have broken out, and that any serious researchers are using "argument based validity" or "validity arguments" without taking any pains to explain why they're doing so. All of which suggests that this is the current paradigm. I'll continue the trawl backwards through LT later, (I felt that just reading the titles of the papers the last couple of years was helping get me up to speed: some things I must get back to when I have more time, like, "A testlet response theory modelling approach", whatever that is when it's at home). 

Kane (2013) is 64 pages long, excluding the references, and it's clear from the abstract that I'm going to have to closely read it all. This is the beast, Miss Moneypenny, and I have it in my sights. I'm going to work on it in Mendeley for now, and do another blog post when I've got its hide. 

REFERENCES


Kane, M. T. (2013). Validating the Interpretations and Uses of Test Scores. Journal of Educational Measurement, 50(1), 1–73. http://doi.org/10.1111/jedm.12001

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!