telephoning a glacier


telephoning a glacier, originally uploaded by /pɪgstaɪævnjuː/.



I read about this in the Guardian
on my way home from work the other day. You can hear the glacier crackling if you ring 07758225698. The report says only one person at a time can get through, but I've got through straightaway several times now, so either that information's wrong or no one's arsed - which seems unlikely.

Speaking of The Grauniad: it's in a rather self-congratulating mood this morning. Well, fair play, really: with it's manifold faults and occasional absurdities, it's the only proper newspaper left in the country. The Independent's always been a numpties rag, and the decline of The Times in the last 20-odd years has been shocking. Don't even get me started on The Telegraph or the tabloids. Doubtless it says something: a trust fund taking the decisions, rather than capitalist nut-jobs.

This blog links to the old Grauniad a lot, doesn't it? Hmm. I'm going all nice and woolly and liberal, eh? I don't fucking think so.

Comments

  1. Somehow I just don't get it... or maybe I have never been bored enough to want to call up a glacier to listen to it.... and imagine that someone would call it repeatedly is totally beyond me...

    So do you have any other interesting hobbies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I just don't get it...

    Indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!