Do you call this art?

This article intrigued me, and it's been much on my mind. After a couple of hours double digging, I generally slake my thirst with a glass of cider on the back step, and contemplate the garden's potential.

Germaine's right about the Chelsea flower show aesthetic, from what I've seen on telly. And gardens generally are twee affairs, with poxy annual borders, plants you buy in plugs from B&Q, the only point being their colourfulness. And it's all so two dimensional: stuff you look down on.

Some opening ideas: it must be three dimensional; it must be an intriguing place for Molly to play in; each item in it must have a story attached; it should be attractive to wildlife.

Cardoons and teasel will add height...

This is a work-in-progress now. And it will remain so. That's the point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!