tabs


its part of the game, originally uploaded by smoothdude.

It seems that a may have some kind of asthma, which should make me less sympathetic to smokers and cigarette smoke. But life's never that simple. Later this year, it'll be unlawful to smoke in enclosed public places in England. It'll be nice to have a pint in a smoke free pub.

But even so, I do find images of people smoking strangely fascinating. There's a very complicated aesthetic going on here, a whole houseful of contradictory cultural, erotic and addictive motifs.

My mate Smoothdude took this with his D80, which, on this evidence, appears to have an excellent sensor. One reason for blogging it is to remind myself to get into pubs before the ban and get some photos - it's the end of an era.

Comments

  1. Even now those romantic scenes in 1940s movies with the male lighting the female's cigarette and both of them smoking in the spirit of blissful, nicotine fuelled togetherness, seem impossible exotic and archaic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for blogging that photos piggly!

    You know I used to smoke right? I quit last March and have gained a few lbs in the process but all in all it was definitely worth it. I've probably saved enough to buy that D80 so far (I'm not kidding) so yeah it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!