Back to the Kitchen Darkroom...

Yesterday, to the Necropolis with Molly and the dog. Snapped 2 rolls of Kentmere 400. I need to work on finding good compositions, but I did find one as we were leaving: a Victorian man's head on a pillar. He looked a lot like Karl Marx. But the best thing about him was the steam from the brewery just behind him. I need to go back alone and think more about how to frame him. AND do some research on photographing steam as a background. 

I dev'd one roll just now, and I'm waiting for it to dry. Meanwhile, retrieved a box of Loersch sheets for 35mm from a dusty corner of the flat, and I'm starting a new folder. Next task: get a decent but affordable neg scanner. 

I realised yesterday that my new camera bag really won't do. It has a single shoulder strap, and the F4 being heavy, it's really uncomfortable to carry around. So I need to rehabilitate a rucksack type bag currently on top of the wardrobe. This will also help to blend-in when photographing on the streets, which are thronged with rucksack-wearing tourists in Glasgow city centre. I'm getting a pair of cargo-troosers which I wouldn't normally wear, to help with the disguise, (and I must admit, all those pockets will come in handy).  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

How many pallets can you fit in the back of a Fiat 500?

Busy; tomatoes.