How not to take a photo of a man holding 12 dice


This was with the F4, well over a year ago. Kentmere film. I developed the roll last night, using Anchell’s two bath suggestion for D-23, 3+3mins, (with a citric acid stop and plain hypo fix). Underexposed, I got this image with a light box, iPhone and Paint. I won’t do a proper print, wet or digital. That big WILLS distracts too much, (what was I thinking? Why not get him to change the hoodie?); and besides, the real subject are the dice in his hands, but the shadows are cruel, and I should’ve gotten him to hold his hands out at arms’ length for goodness sake! One lives and learns. I still like the idea, though, properly executed next time on 6x9.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!