Nikon_F Test Roll with Kodak ColorPlus 200

Nikon F CLAed 1 Ça marche! It might be overexposing just a tad - the Newton Ellis guy said the adjustment to the meter, (a diode to adjust for the shift from mercury to alkaline batteries) could leave it maybe a 1/4 stop out, and that's probably about right. And the 3+ diopter compensates just like reading glasses, so I can get the focus right: actually, it's a bit difficult adjusting to TTL focusing after using a rangefinder for a while, but I'm getting there.

 So, it's all good. I got the test roll developed at Tesco, cheap, (£1.79) but there's more dust and strange marks than if I'd dev'd it at home. Also, the Kodak ColorPlus gives lots of grain, and the colours are bit off, so it's not great for portraits, (though my mate Cliff pointed me in the direction of this collection by Åsa Sjöström which looks as if it could have been taken with ColorPlus, it works for "grainy and grimy", and that might be what you want for a particular aesthetic). And as for the Liverpool pyjamas, don't get me started.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!