Arrived this morning. It's got the F, the FED2, the Isolette 2, the Holga, nine rolls of film, flash with ttc cable... And room to spare. There's space for a laptop, too. Splendid.
looks nice.. have been looking at cameras myself at the mo and am torn between digital and analogue... am curious as to how much your F was with the f1/.4?
Am not doing linux at the mo so that's weird... (re prev comment)
I don't know what happened last week - every time I tried to go to your comment to reply, the screen froze, back-button wouldn't work, the whole nine yards. Couple of days later, it was fine. I was only surmising it might have been some linux thing. Fuck knows.
The F and the lens were 179 quid at Ffordes.com - I did quite well, 'cos the light meter still works, and the lens is fine. You can get an F body for about 150 quid, usually another 75 or so for that particular lens. But you can get an F5 for only 300 quid. There's no contest, pound for pound, between a pro film camera and a pro digital, that's because all the pros use digital now. A Nikon D3s is about four thousand quid or some fucking thing. But if you want it for art, or just for a hobby, get an old pro film Nikon, anything in the F series, the F5 having the most bells and whistles.
Yup, been looking at those but decided on the easier option yesterday and got my self a nikon P300 as we've really got NO room to to do any developing here. So far it looks just the ticket for what I want but I'll give it a good run out this afternoon. Just in case you're interested I've got a working Lubitel 166 which I'm trying to sell at the moment... Let me know.
Don't tempt me with that Lubitel, though it does look interesting:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/lubitel166/pool/
Is it a 166+? And just out of curiosity, how much were you thinking of?
I've got almost all the cameras I need now, except for the Brownie Reflex, which I'll get soon. And of course I've got the bag. The next big purchase will be a Manfrotto tripode. And then I've got all the kit and no excuses for not getting off my fat arse and going out and taking some half-way decent photos.
Good luck with the P300. I just can't imagine going back to digital, now. It just wouldn't feel right.
No, it's a regular 166 and I think I was hoping for around the £40 mark. You can get them cheaper on ebay but they come from Siberia or some such place and postage is around £35. There is a website trying to flog 'em for £240 but that's just stupid... like you.
Had some fun with the P300 today.. I think it's a bloody nice little machine. May post pics on another blog... will let you know.
Maybe you should get a job in management. I just found out the other day that they looked at this blog as part of the recruitment process. Which speaks volumes: closet photography anoraks make good language testers. Or something.
A newish computer and peripherals shop in the former garage on Albert Rd, where Hebburn merges in to Jarrow. I bought a Bearpaw 2400TA Plus scanner there on my last holiday at home. It was cheap, less than £40. Will it run with Vista? Oh yes, no trouble, just go on Mustek's website. They'd also order a laptop, to be ready the next day, for only £340. Splendid. I told them it was really important that it was ready the next day: this was Thursday, and I was flying back to Libya on the Saturday, early. "It's as good as here," said the man. I rang them on the Friday to see if it was there. "I've been trying to get in touch with you. We can't do it." Ach, well, these things happen... I was in the Town, anyway, and got a Samsung Curry's were doing for £399. And now I'm back in Libya with an utterly useless scanner. No way, no how, will the fucker run with Vista. I've been googling all evening trying to find a solution. There is...
The arrival of the Hut tomorrow means the construction of the temporary tool store could be seen as a waste of time and effort, but I'd disagree. I managed to build it in 2 or 3 hours, so no great loss of time. And I'm regarding it as a rehearsal for the construction of the Hut and eventually the Shed. I won't demolish it either. I'm thinking it might work as an arbor-with-allotment-chic. I can train ivy and brambles around the outside and over the top, maybe other plants too. Inside and to the front, which don't get a lot of light, I could grown ferns . Apart from the fact that they are usually grown in shade, I know almost nothing about them, so there's a whole new thing . Couple of plastic chairs in there, it'll be a nice spot to sit and watch whatever's going on in No.1 bed, surrounded by ferns, enclosed by brambles and ivy, at peace with nature. Cool. I can put bird attractors in No.1 bed, maybe angelica or teasel. NB [10th May 2017] It occ...
looks nice.. have been looking at cameras myself at the mo and am torn between digital and analogue... am curious as to how much your F was with the f1/.4?
ReplyDeleteAm not doing linux at the mo so that's weird... (re prev comment)
I don't know what happened last week - every time I tried to go to your comment to reply, the screen froze, back-button wouldn't work, the whole nine yards. Couple of days later, it was fine. I was only surmising it might have been some linux thing. Fuck knows.
ReplyDeleteThe F and the lens were 179 quid at Ffordes.com - I did quite well, 'cos the light meter still works, and the lens is fine. You can get an F body for about 150 quid, usually another 75 or so for that particular lens. But you can get an F5 for only 300 quid. There's no contest, pound for pound, between a pro film camera and a pro digital, that's because all the pros use digital now. A Nikon D3s is about four thousand quid or some fucking thing. But if you want it for art, or just for a hobby, get an old pro film Nikon, anything in the F series, the F5 having the most bells and whistles.
Yup, been looking at those but decided on the easier option yesterday and got my self a nikon P300 as we've really got NO room to to do any developing here. So far it looks just the ticket for what I want but I'll give it a good run out this afternoon. Just in case you're interested I've got a working Lubitel 166 which I'm trying to sell at the moment... Let me know.
ReplyDeleteDon't tempt me with that Lubitel, though it does look interesting:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.flickr.com/groups/lubitel166/pool/
Is it a 166+? And just out of curiosity, how much were you thinking of?
I've got almost all the cameras I need now, except for the Brownie Reflex, which I'll get soon. And of course I've got the bag. The next big purchase will be a Manfrotto tripode. And then I've got all the kit and no excuses for not getting off my fat arse and going out and taking some half-way decent photos.
Good luck with the P300. I just can't imagine going back to digital, now. It just wouldn't feel right.
Tripode?
ReplyDeleteyeah!? 'Tripode'... you're stupid, you are...
ReplyDeleteNo, it's a regular 166 and I think I was hoping for around the £40 mark. You can get them cheaper on ebay but they come from Siberia or some such place and postage is around £35. There is a website trying to flog 'em for £240 but that's just stupid... like you.
Had some fun with the P300 today.. I think it's a bloody nice little machine. May post pics on another blog... will let you know.
http://linoukephoto.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete....so there...
"Comments on this blog are restricted to team members" Numpty.
ReplyDeleteGood though. I like the top one best with the motion blur and the bit
of a pint in the frame. Good B&W (for digital), nice and contrasty.
Forty quid's a snip, it's true, but that would be forty quid out of my Manfrotto tripod fund.
ReplyDeleteDidn't think I wanted any comments but have changed that... and yes, some of them have come out quite well.
ReplyDeleteTripod shmypod.... maybe you shouldn't be travelling first class.. (expenses?).
Maybe you should get a job in management. I just found out the other day that they looked at this blog as part of the recruitment process. Which speaks volumes: closet photography anoraks make good language testers. Or something.
ReplyDelete