A newish computer and peripherals shop in the former garage on Albert Rd, where Hebburn merges in to Jarrow. I bought a Bearpaw 2400TA Plus scanner there on my last holiday at home. It was cheap, less than £40. Will it run with Vista? Oh yes, no trouble, just go on Mustek's website. They'd also order a laptop, to be ready the next day, for only £340. Splendid. I told them it was really important that it was ready the next day: this was Thursday, and I was flying back to Libya on the Saturday, early. "It's as good as here," said the man. I rang them on the Friday to see if it was there. "I've been trying to get in touch with you. We can't do it." Ach, well, these things happen... I was in the Town, anyway, and got a Samsung Curry's were doing for £399. And now I'm back in Libya with an utterly useless scanner. No way, no how, will the fucker run with Vista. I've been googling all evening trying to find a solution. There is...
Going on Ben Arfa's record in France, we might only have him for a season before he either spits the dummy out with Hughton and punches Joey Barton in the face. But you need someone who can do the unexpected in the Premier League and his goal showed exactly why he's worth the risk.
ReplyDeletePlus, the optimist in me remembers Cantona.
Or punches Joey Barton in the face.
ReplyDeleteMind, both at once would be quite funny.
It's going to be interesting, that's for sure, bringing somebody with a bad temper into a tight-knit dressing room, which already contains Barton and Carroll. So there'll be training ground punch ups OR an amazing season. Or possibly both.
ReplyDeleteThis is where we see Hughton's ability as a man-manager. So long as all's well on the pitch, and if they keep their hands off each others girlfriends, we should be ok.