OK...

...here's a less spooky version:

I've been playing around with photoshop: there's an awful lot to learn there. I did have a purist view about photos, reinforced by some of the overprocessed shite one sees on Flickr. But now I think post-processing's fine if it's well-enough done. It's not easy though.

I realised yesterday that I've been spending a lot of time thinking about creation: how to make interesting 48 second, silent videos of Molly or of Jarrow or Hebburn. Or looking around me to see what would make a good photo, always thinking of the light, of a composition, looking for incongruity and colours and patterns. It's not that I'm suddenly an Artist or anything, it's just that creativity has begun to feature in my life. And that's because of the internet and digital technology. Presumably, many people around the world are undergoing similar processes, looking at the world in aesthetic terms. Surely, that's A Good Thing?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!