Deadly stuff...
This photo reminded me of Prague. I was working there in the late 90s, and at weekends frequented "The Sporting Bar", in a lane just off Wenceslas Square. One time, a big gang of Welsh lads were there, a whole rugby team, on a remarkable weekend long bachelor party in the city. They got into the absinthe on the second day, and the men's lavvies that evening were a scene from hell: vomiting lads, groans, shit on the floor...
In Prague, stick to the beer.
I wish we could get Absinthe here!
ReplyDelete(sigh)!
*only* beer. Okay, maybe a bit of wine. Okay, some hard cider, too. But NO HARD STUFF. (I learnt my lesson in college).
ReplyDeleteAhh - the mythical "Green Fairy" - all those Impressionists knew what they were doing when they drank then painted.
ReplyDeleteStill illegal in France since the 1920s but a trip across the border into Italy some time ago allowed me to get a bottle.
Just a glass each evening gave me impressive dreams
i agree with dano!
ReplyDelete