play stopped

Rain! Cold, wintery rain too. So, no allotment this morning. Mind you, it was with mixed feelings that I looked out and saw the wet garden: on the one hand, I’ve a lot to do; on the other, yesterday afternoon was the first opportunity I’d had for any real work on the allotment this gardening year, and this morning my muscles were crying out. The Old Man came to help me out – between us we got all the old putty from the built but still glassless greenhouse; levelled a load of ground, getting the bindweed roots out of it; I planted a lot more hardwood blackcurrant cuttings, and elder ditto; and we put in the First Early potatoes, ‘Vanessa’. The spuds and the cuttings will appreciate the rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!