Allotment Announcement

The allotment will be given over to someone else in the next few weeks. I had been planning to semi-retire when I took it on, but now it looks like I'll be working full time until I retire, in about 7 years time. And to tell the truth, my heart's not in it lately. The underlying anxiety: do we really want to be eating foodstuffs grown a few hundred yards from the busy M8? All those bloody big lorries... Mostly, now, I'm reading novels, and I'll post my reviews from Goodreads here.

Comments

  1. Sad to hear. We too have given up our allotment because they closed down our old one and the new one offered to us has only a 3 foot high slat fence around it which all the homeless peeps who hang out in our city now can easily climb. They also raised the price drastically. So less security, more money and farther away. Can't really grow anything on our own property due to lots of large coniferous trees. Planning on moving to Salt Spring Island in 2 years or less where the plan is to get a little land that gets enough sun to both grow a garden and build a house using passive building techniques which include solar, heat exchanger and a wood burner. I have already retired. Now just waiting for my sister to. Hope you are well and enjoying your birthday. Sonja

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!