"Always carry a repair outfit. Take left turns as much as possible. Never apply your front brake first."

At last!

Coming to the realization that I spend most days at this bloody desk, or on the sofa, that I've not led a blameless life so far as booze, tobacco, etc goes, that I like fried food, and that my maternal grandfather had a fatal heart-attack when he was five years younger than I am now...  I really can't procrastinate longer, (I was procrastinating back in the summer of 2009, ffs), I've got to get a bike, and get out and about.  Enough of, it's the wrong time of year, wait 'til we move to Glasgow, at least I commute on my old-fashioned bike when I'm in Shanghai... blah, blah, bloody blah.

I've been looking today at the Edinburgh Bike Co-operative's site.  Having been discussing and processing the ideas for more than three years, I've gone for a relatively inexpensive commuter/hybrid, with gears, and relatively high handlebars, so that I can sit up straight as I do in Shanghai.  (Leaning forward, you can't breath  properly, your nuts get squashed on the saddle horn, oo-er, and you've got to give yourself a crick in the neck just to see where you're going: wtf is all that about?)  And the gears, I was tempted to get one without gears again like my Shanghai bike - but reminded myself that Shanghai is flat and south west Scotland isn't.

Like a kid the week before Christmas, now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!