Pig Sty Avenue Reshuffle

All change!

The academic blog remains as it was: a place for links to sites needed for studying, and a place to publish drafts of essays and other work. It's had a wee face lift to reflect the fact that I'm studying two courses this year. It'll probably see a lot of traffic and further changes in the next few months.

I've deleted the Jarrow and Hebburn blog. The local news and a lot of the photos can better go on here. But I have started a blog called Jarrafellas. This is to encourage me to further a plan to get photos of the people my home town. It's going to be almost exclusively photos. Nothing much new to see yet, though I will be posting some old ones from Flickr until I manage to get out with the camera again.

Speaking of which, this (albeit rather jokey) thread in HSP got me thinking again about this whole street photography malarkey. The whole "candid" thing seems to me a bit creepy, and is the sort of behaviour which could lead to someone sticking one on you (= punching you in the face) in Jarrow. I'm becoming more inclined to the approach of Diane Arbus, no less, referred to here, in 2point8. Much more honest, much more Jarrow, to be up front, talk to people. The only trouble is, I don't get out enough these days...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!