The Whole Bloody Blogging Business

Being away from the blogsphere - even for a short while - can make you wonder about the futility of it all. I got to thinking, Do I want to continue with The Avenue? Should I start again somewhere else?

I even opened a free-trial account at squarespace. But then I thought "bollocks": The text editing window is really fiddly, and I can't see what you're getting for your $7 a month, except more space... And most of that would go on photos, and blogspot links nicely to Flickr now.

And there's the fabled Pig Sty Avenue Podcast... I thought squarespace might be a good place for that, but there are other options.

So I'm going to just blog on here. Bugger it all. Some lad called Dave called by to comment how much he liked it here, and that was very encouraging. Cheers, Dave!

Mind you, I'm going to continue avoiding Flickr for the next few weeks. I've several thousand words to write on the subject of the "dummy" DO operator, and a lot more besides; (the submission date is August 4th, but I want it all done long before that). So photography and feckn flickr are into touch for a while.

The allotment's settled down, too: mostly just weeding and watering for the next few weeks.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!