Christmas 1968 Lynchford Road, Farnborough

That's my sister Sharon, my Aunty Margaret and me. What I love about this photo is the Christmas lights you can see outside. My mam worked as a book-keeper in a local electrical firm, who got the contract to do the town's Christmas lights. So we'd get advance notice from her that the lights were about to go up, and we'd know that Christmas wasn't far away.

I've scanned in a load of old photos this afternoon. (Click on the photo to have a shufty, if you're curious). That's because I'm about to embark on a study of sociolinguistics as it relates to teaching English, which will keep me out of mischief until February or therebouts. That's for the Masters degree. I'm also doing something called Module 2 at work, which is vocational training. So I'm going to be a busy boy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!